If you’re looking to move this year, we found a fantastic, helpful tool that could help you make decisions about where it is best to live. Niche.com released its 2019 ‘top lists’ for places to live in the US. The 2019 rankings from Niche provide “a comprehensive assessment of the overall livability of an area. This grade takes into account several key factors of a location, including the quality of local schools, crime rates, housing trends, employment statistics, and access to amenities in an attempt to measure the overall quality of an area.”
Aren’t you curious which is the top-ranking neighborhood in the whole country for 2019? That coveted spot goes to the Bluemont neighborhood in Arlington, Virginia!
When searching Niche’s data, you can take advantage of narrowing your results by the following categories:
• Best Places to Live (#1 is Bluemont neighborhood in Arlington, Virginia)
• Best for Families (#1 is Long Grove, Illinois)
• Most Diverse (#1 is Upper Laurel neighborhood in Oakland, California)
• Best to Buy a House (#1 is Rose Creek neighborhood in Fargo, North Dakota)
• Cost of Living (#1 is Brackettville, Texas)
• Best Public Schools (#1 is Long Grove, Illinois)
• Best for Young Professionals (#1 is Mission Bay neighborhood in San Francisco, California)
• Best for Retirees (#1 is Pelican Bay, Florida)
• Healthiest (#1 is Berkeley, California)
• Outdoor Activities (#1 is Portland, Oregon)
Another great feature of this tool allows you to save neighborhoods, towns or cities to “your list”, keeping track of any results that appeal to you. Say for example, you have a new job, but it requires a move to Oregon. Use Niche to find the best location matches your priorities for your new living area and save them to your list. Then, you can compare selected neighborhoods or cities to see what average home prices are and what current residents have to say about their home town.
Finally, the next step is to call your Norcom Loan Officer to talk to them about getting pre-qualified!